Old Credit Card Debt

May 20th, 2014 by Questions

I got a call today that I owe 11,000 dollars in old credit card debt from 2009 apparently they sent a letter and was signed by my husband which I know nothing about and they want to garnish my wages ,so what should I do,should I get proof of this signed at post office letter, really confused.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Old Credit Card Debt”

, Jillian Taylor-Mancusi, Trustee | B.A. | C.I.R.P said:

It appears that the creditor has a judgement against you, if you do not owe the money you will require a lawyer to deal with the default judgement. If you owe the money you may negotiate payment with the creditor or consult with a local trustee in bankruptcy as to your options.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)