December 5th, 2012 by Questions

How does an appointed Power of Attorney declare bankruptcy fot an individual who no longer lives in Canada?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You may not be able to file a bankruptcy on behalf of this person. For this person to qualify to file they would have to either resided in Canada within the last 12 months, or currently own property in Canada. If neither of these criteria can be satisfied then the individual no longer living in Canada wouldn’t be eligible to file for bankruptcy.

If they can satisfy this criteria, you should contact a local trustee .

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)