me in ontario

December 4th, 2010 by Questions

How do you start or where do you go to get someone to registar you with debt settlement . Does the debtor have a choice? Do you lose your house and car?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “me in ontario”

, A licensed trustee said:

Debt settlement programs are administered by credit cunseling agencies – depending on where you live, you should have a few to choose from.

A word of caution – before you commit to any kind of debt settlement program find out if you are dealing with a registered not-for-profit agency or a for profit “debt consulting company”. The debt consultants will charge you a fee and then refer you to a trustee in bankruptcy to file a consumer proposal.

Better still, simply use theb links on this site to contact a trustee – they will review all of your options, including debt settlemetn (also called credit counselling) – then you can make an informed decision about which to choose. Better still, the trustee won’t charge you a fee for the conversation….

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)