September 28th, 2009 by Questions

Will a judgement that was issued in small claims court be erased if I go bankrupt.

Posted from: Nova Scotia


One Response to “bridge”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

It partially depends on the type of judgement we are talking about as there is a small category of debts that are not released by bankruptcy, but these only relate to a small category of debts. Likely, if it is simply someone trying to collect money who has obtained this judgment then it will be cleared by a bankruptcy.

The best thing to do is to take a copies of any information relating to this judgment to a local trustee, have them review these materials and they will be able to verify whether or not it will be cleared.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)