Death of a consumer

January 31st, 2013 by Questions

I now a consumer who died and his scheduled payments were missed for three months. The spouce was not a part of the consumer proposal but inherited a WILL for assets and liabilities. what is the recourse here?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Death of a consumer”

, A licensed trustee said:

The first step is to contact the trustee that was handling the consumer proposal to review options. It is possible under the law to resurrect the proposal or obtain permission to file a new proposal on the same debts. At lot will depend on how the Will was worded – it wouldn’t surprise me if lawyer will have to be hired to help sort this out.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)