September 19th, 2012 by Questions

I have submitted a consumer proposal through my trustee. It was rejected by CRA and an amendment was suggested by CRA. When preparing to sign the paperwork for new proposal agreement. I saw that the agreement has fees of $750 for filing and $750 once approved by the court. They never discussed this with me. It was my understanding that all fees were included in proposal monthly payments. Can I cancel this proposal request and start a new one with a different trustee?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “trustee”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

I would suggest you contact your trustee to discuss this. The two one time draws of $750.00 are part of the formula used to calculate the administration fees. So they may already be factored into the monthly payments you have agreed upon.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)