July 4th, 2012 by Questions

I am considering selling my house to reduce my monthly expenses.(no equity).How difficult would it be to rent an apartment after filing a CP, since a lot of landlords require a credit check. Thank you for your advice.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Indebted”

, A licensed trustee said:

We suggest you find your new accomodations BEFORE you file. The CP should actually make you a more attractive tenant (you don’t have to pay out as much towards your debts anymore), but most people have never heard of CPs so it may take some explaining to make your new landlord understand what you have done. If you move then file it avoids the complications…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)