Have Not Filed 2011 Tax Return Yet – CP


I’m wondering if I will not be able to file a consumer proposal as I have not filed a 2011 tax return yet. It will be my husband and myself doing the proposal together and I own a business and have not been up to date on my book keeping for 2011 (playing catch up) so neither of us can file until I get this book work caught up. Will I need to get all caught up and file before being able to file a CP?

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “Have Not Filed 2011 Tax Return Yet – CP”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

It is difficult to know for sure without knowing a little more about your tax history, but as a general rule, for you to be able to to a consumer proposal you should have your taxes completed and filed to date.