March 27th, 2012 by Questions

The person I was suing went and filed a consumer proposal. This put a halt to all court proceedings. As a creditor I have received no information or paperwork from the lawfirm he filed the proposal with. I tried calling them but they did not return my calls. Is there any way I can know if the proposal has been accepted by the Official Receiver or has been denied??

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “lexis8704”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you have contacted the trustee handling the consumer proposal and they won’t respond to you then you should contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy to confirm the proposal was filed and to lodge a complaint against the trustee.

As a creditor, you have 45 days from the date the proposal was filed to vote for or against the offer – that’s pretty hard for you to do if you aren’t given the paperwork.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)