pay for proposal with part of inheritence

Am I allowed to take part of an inheritance that I would receive some year as my parent is still alive ,to pay for my first payment of a consumer proposal ?

Posted from: Alberta

One Response to “pay for proposal with part of inheritence”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

If you are suggesting that your parent is going to give you and advance of a potential inheritence now and you are going to use this as a one time lump sum type consumer proposal, then yes this is very possible. However, you should consult with a local trustee before you take the monies from your parent as you would want to make the monies conditional upon creditor acceptance of the proposal. But that is something you can arrange directly with the trustee.