May 11th, 2010 by Questions

I filled a consumer proposal in 2008. I have 8 months left to pay. However, since my consumer proposal, my situation has changed. I now have to pay over 1000.00$ in daycare. I am getting behind again after doing so well. Revenue Quebec is after me for 2008 and soon 2009 income tax debts. I really dont know how to get out of all this.

My trustee tells me that we cannot modify my proposal or add any other creditors. Is this true? She tells me that my only option is to file for bankruptcy which I really dont want to do since I am so close to being done.

Thank you

Posted from: Quebec


One Response to “Desperate”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Technically it is possible to amend a consumer proposal, but the problem is everything gets re-sent to the creditors and re-voted. As you can probably imagine the creditors already accepted a reduction of the debt the first time and they likely wouldn’t be took keen on a second reduction. This is why most trustee’s don’t like to go through the process when there is little likelihood of creditor cooperation.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)