Proposal to creditors

August 11th, 2009 by Questions

I did a proposal to creditors on July 2nd,2009, creditors meeting July 22, all parties agreed to proposal. I had contacted OAS to have my direct deposit changed to a cheque, June cheque came OK, July was direct deposited in my old bank in error. Is there any legal way I can get this money from the bank? Thanks.

Posted from: Newfoundland and Labrador


One Response to “Proposal to creditors”

, A licensed trustee said:

Contact your trustee and ask them to try and recover the funds – it may be possible, but only if the bank wants to co-operate. If they don’t co-operate the legal costs to recover the money will exceed whatever funds you recover.

For anyone else reading this site that may be considering bankruptcy or a proposal – BEFORE you file switch banks to an institution you don’t owe any money to. If you stay with a bank you are indebted to then what has happened to thsi person may happen to you…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)