creditor served us with court papers

July 26th, 2009 by Questions

I am learning about proposals but found court papers inbetween my doors this week.It says I should respond within 20 days..should I contact a lawyerasap & have them respond or should I ? I am scared the proposal won`t be filed in time..I don`t know what to do..I don`t know if i should say I am doing this or what

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “creditor served us with court papers”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

This really depends on the type of papers you have been served with. The best thing to do is to contact a local trustee right away, schedule an appointment and bring with you these court documents.

It is very likely this is a standard attempt at collection and the filing of a bankruptcy or a consumer proposal will deal with this action, but it is best to confirm it with the trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)