Filing Taxes after filing a consumer proposal

March 5th, 2009 by Questions

I filed a consumer proposal in January and I have just finished doing my 2008 taxes, would my refund go to the trustee or would I get that?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Filing Taxes after filing a consumer proposal”

, A licensed trustee said:

Unless you already owe CRA income taxes from prior years (in which case they will keep your refund) your refund will be mailed to you. Tax refunds are automatically lost when you file for bankruptcy – not when you file for a proposal.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)