bad information

October 31st, 2008 by Questions

Can you take any legal action towards a trustee or an administrator for giving you misleading or wrong information at the outset of your proposal? Is there any recourse one can take?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “bad information”

, A licensed trustee said:

At anytime in Ontario you have the right to hire a lawyer to discuss legal action against any person, trustees are no different in that regard.

If you have concerns about the veracity of what you have been told (or think you were told) the first step is usually to meet with your trustee to discuss the issue. If you still have concerns after such a meeting you should contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. After speaking to the Superintendent’s Office you should have a better idea as to whether or not you should hire a lawyer.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)