July 17th, 2013 by Questions

In 2011 I was awarded a tax credit going back to 2005. I went bankrupt in 2010 due to illness.
If the trustee is discharged may I apply for the tax refund credit going back to 2005?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Ms.”

, A licensed trustee said:

You may, but any refunds for the years 2010 and earlier will be sent to your trustee for the benefit of your unsecured creditors. When you filed your assignment in bankruptcy you “assigned” the right to those refunds to your creditors, regardless when (or who by) the refund is requested.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)