November 20th, 2012 by Questions

Unfortunately I had to declare bankruptcy and should have been discharged over a year ago but my trustee changed firms and my file seemed to get lost in limbo.

I followed up with three successive people from the same firm and still my file isn’t resolved.

When I finally get discharged I’m wondering if I have any recourse against the trustee and/or company for their delays (now over a year), or what I should do in the interim as it seems the trustee has all the power here in perhaps even denying my discharge

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “frustrated”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you have concerns regarding how your bankruptcy has been handled then I suggest you contact the nearest Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. This is the government agency that licneces and monitors trustees. They will look into your concerns and if something is a miss they will help to resolve it. There’s no cost for this service.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)