Annulment of Bankruptcy

January 23rd, 2012 by Questions

Hello, I went bankrupt in 2007 Jan. I haven’t been discharged till now 5 years later. I didnt complete the required obligations to get a discharge. My questions are can I overturn the bankruptcy to get a consumer proposal? When I applied for bankruptcy the trustee didnt give me any other sort of form of alternative means of dealing with the situation. I went bankrupt at 21 years old with 10000 in credit card debt. Is there a way to resolve this issue? What I know now, I could of got a consumer proposal.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Annulment of Bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

The only way you could accomplish this would be to file a consumer proposal to annul the bankruptcy. This only works well in certain circumstances, but you would have to discuss this with your original trustee. So at this point contact your trustee and they will assist you in dealing with this.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)