November 26th, 2011 by Questions

I was discharged from bankruptcy in Ontario Canada about 9years ago. I lost my discharge order when i moved. Where can I get a copy of the discharge? Thanks

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Ms”

, A licensed trustee said:

Start by contacting the trustee office that handled your bankruptcy. They may still have a copy on file (trustees are only required to keep copies for 4 years so they may not). Depending on the type of discharge you received, the trustee may simply produce a “new” one for you.

You should expect to be charged a fee – somewhere between $50 and $100, payable in advance, before they’ll go digging through boxes for you…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)