August 9th, 2011 by Questions

my husband and I went bankrupt in 2001 and we never paid it all how can I be released from it now

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “release”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You will need to contact your original trustee. Be advised that the process to deal with this situation is going to be a bit more difficult due to your failure to do things in a timely fashion. But the process will start with you having to pay a fee to get your trustee re-appointed, then you will have to complete your original duties and provide details of what has happened in your financial life since 2001 (i.e. copies of tax assessments, pay stubs etc.). But this is best discussed with your trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)