bankruptcy and child and spousal support

August 23rd, 2011 by Questions

I want to know if my ex-husband is actually committing fraud. He filed for bankruptcy in June. Paid me 1900$ in support this amount is not settled in court yet. He did not pay me in July and we have agreed on a temporary basis on $720. I reported to his trustee that he’s not paying me $1900 on going like he claimed but now $720. They disregarded me and said he submitted an offer to settle (not signed yet) back in June so they accepted the $1900. So that means that he’s now making money as he’s claiming that amount but only paying $720. Now to make more money he said his partner doesn’t have a job anymore.

Please what can i do? what is fraud?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “bankruptcy and child and spousal support”

, A licensed trustee said:

You should contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy to report what you beleive your husband (and his trustee) are doing. If he is claiming $1900 support, but only payng $720 then there will be issues – if he is reporting $720 then he’s not doing anything wrong (from the bankruptcy’s persepctive).

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)