Un- registered support payment

April 19th, 2011 by Questions

My daughter’s dad pays her for child support and it varies month to month. There is no legal support agreement.

Does she have to claim this as Income?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Un- registered support payment”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Yes this would be included as income. It makes no difference whether there is a formal agreement or not, if she receives it regularly or even semi-regularly, then it must be disclosed. Failure to do so would be considered fraudulent misrepresentation and have significant penalties associated with it.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)