January 7th, 2011 by Questions

if money becomes available… ie better job… is it possible to reverse the bankruptcy credit status by paying of the debts dismissed by the bankruptcy filing?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “reversal?”

, A licensed trustee said:

It is possible – you’ll want to speak to an insolvency lawyer (or call the trustee that handled your bankruptcy) to discuss how it may be done. Basically, you need to repay the debt in full and then bring a motion to the Court for your bankruptcy to be annulled. I expect the cost of bringing the motion will run $2500 or more, but that’s something to discuss with the lawyer you decide to use.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)