undischarged bankrupt

July 13th, 2010 by Questions

Long story short due to multple shortfalls and issues with the trustee and in turn my husband not following through better he did not receive discharge for a bankruptcy filed 6.5 years ago due to non completion of requirements. Does the seven year debt rule apply to this situation? If no what must he do to clear this up and does he have to deal with the same trustee who failed in the first place? Also if he does need to start over does he get any consideration for the 6.5 years in which he has had to live with the black marked credit rating?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “undischarged bankrupt”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

At this point your husband has to return and deal with his original trustee. He will have to pay to get the trustee reappointed, he will have to complete his original duties, provide some additional information, attend court, and the court will determine if he can be discharged or if there is some type of penalty that has to be fulfilled due to not completing his duties in a timely fashion.

As for the seven year debt rule, you would have to consult a lawyer on that.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)