Deceased Bankrupt Tax Refund

April 21st, 2010 by Questions

I represented a bankrupted party to obtain a Disablility Tax Credit. The party died in December and I have received the refund payable to me. I have contacted his Trustee, who said he had no next of kin. I have also done an Ontario Estates search and nothing has been probated. My fees are to be deducted from this refund. Who do I forward the balance of the refund to?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Deceased Bankrupt Tax Refund”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

The answer to this depends on what year a bankruptcy was filed, what tax years we are dealing with and whether or not the bankruptcy was successfully completed. The best thing to do is likely contact the trustee once again and verify that they have no interest in the remaining funds.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)