Filing Taxes After bankruptcy

January 4th, 2010 by Questions


I filed for bankruptcy in July 2008 and was discharged in April 2009. My trustee filed my tax return for 2008 both pre and post bankruptcy. For my 2009 income tax, will I need to file another paper return or can I go back to e-filing?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Filing Taxes After bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You will likely have to paper file the year immediately after the bankruptcy. This is more dependent on Canada Revenue Agency then anything, but in most instances they haven’t updated all their internal files and as a result the availability of efiling is somewhat questionable.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)