student loan discharge after bankruptcy

November 17th, 2009 by Questions

i was discharged in january 2004 and my 12000.00 student loan from 1996 was not included but someone told me that now i can apply to the courts to have it included in the bankruptcy from 2004 do you know how i go about this and does the courts usually allow this or will i be wasting more time and more money. i have already talked to the superintendent of bankruptcy office and they said yes it was written in the bankruptcy so i can go to court but i am not sure how difficult this will be

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “student loan discharge after bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

This is the type of topic you are best to discuss with an Insolvency lawyer, traditionally a trustee wouldn’t be involved in this type of thing as the trustee’s file will have been closed for some time.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)