How long does an undischarged bankrupt remain undischarged
July 13th, 2009 by Questions
I have a strange situation, basically due to improper handling of my bankruptcy by my trustee.
1. I declared bankruptcy
2. I met the requirements of my trustee for 6 months
3. My trustee filed my `pre-bankruptcy` tax return, and notified me of an amount owed me that exceeded the amount I declared bankruptcy for.
4. I quit meeting the requirements of my trustee.
5. My trustee filed for and was discharged as my trustee
6. My pre-bankruptcy income tax return, as well as 6 subsequent tax returns/gst rebates have all been sent to my former trustee.
so thats where I am at, my trustee did not file my pre-bankruptcy return before allowing me to declare bankruptcy, and has since collected from me more money than I ever owed.
my question then is, do I have any options, or will I forever have my tax returns/gst rebates confiscated, and as an aside is there any way to ever get this off my record.
Posted from: Alberta