1 month into bankruptcy and moving to BC

July 24th, 2009 by Questions

Hello, I am 1 month into bankruptcy( discharge in March 2010) in QC and am thinking of moving to BC later this year. As a result I will be filing income tax in BC after discharge and should get a sizeable return based on tax rates from QC to BC. Will I be entitled to keep this amount? Thank you.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “1 month into bankruptcy and moving to BC”

, A licensed trustee said:

Effective July 7, 2008 all tax refunds in the year a person files for bankruptcy are to be paid to the bankrupt’s estate for the benefit of their creditors.

In plain English, your refund will be sent to your trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)