Discharged in March 2008

February 1st, 2009 by Questions

I went bankrupt in June 2007. Was discharged in March 2008. My trustee filed the taxes for 2007, but who now files for 2008. I was reading your blog and I`m not sure if I file. I have no conditions on my discharge. I`m even more unsure as I did notice that my trustee was placed and an agent in my revenue Canada efile site. If I do file the return, does it go to the trustee or to me?
Thx in advance

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Discharged in March 2008”

, A licensed trustee said:

You should file your own taxes – if there is a refund it will be sent to you; if there is a balance owing you will be required to pay it. If you are uncertain, contact your trustee and they can confirm what I am telling you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)