Free Consultation

1st Tax return after discharge

My husband and I claimed bankruptcy in Oct.2007 and received a full discharge in July 2008. Is there anything we need to know or do before filing our 2008 income tax returns? Can we file them using Netfile or must we file the paper copy by mail?

Thank you

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “1st Tax return after discharge”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

The only thing you need to know is that the first year after a bankruptcy you usually have to paper file your tax return, the net file feature likely won’t work.