filing from out of canada

December 23rd, 2008 by Questions

can i file for a bankruptcy from outside of canada? thanks

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “filing from out of canada”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Technically it is possible, but only if you currently own property in Canada or have resided in Canada in the last 12 months. If neither of these can be satisfied then you are not eligible and would have to re-establish residency in Canada in order to file a bankruptcy here.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)