Once I get discharged

March 16th, 2008 by Questions

Once I get discharged, let`s say after the min 9 months, what kind of documentation do I get to validate/verify that I have been discharged of all the debt that I initially disclosed to my trustee ?

Who will supply/send me this discharge document ?

Will the document state the creditors and the amount that was owing at the time of discharge ?

How long should I keep the document and where can I get another copy if I would like a backup-copy of the document ?

I reside in Ontario !


One Response to “Once I get discharged”

, A licensed trustee said:

At a minimum you will receive your Certificate of Discharge, or if your file is referred to Court, an Order of Discharge. You may also receive a number of other items depending on your trustee.

For example, we send all of our clients a copy of their original bankruptcy documents (in case they’ve lost them), the original of their Certificate of Discharge and a copy, copies of tax returns we may have filed on thier behalf, as well as a number of other pamphlets and handouts on rebuilding their credit.

I suggest you give your trustee a call and ask them what you will receive and when you will receive it.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)