Free Consultation

Child support payment

Does someone who has declared bankrupt and has child support owing for 16 months is still required to pay?

One Response to “Child support payment”

A licensed trustee said...

They most certainly are – the only way to change/reduce/eliminate support payments is to return to Family Court and ask a judge to issue an order to that affect. Bankruptcy laws will not impact support payments.