Debt with Canada revenue. I cannot afford wage garnishes.

May 22nd, 2015 by Questions

I have a massive debt owing with Canada Revenue…I cannot afford wage garnishes…what can I do…I cannot get a loan from the bank that they are suggesting…I have sent them a letter from the bank confirming this. I am afraid of what can happen to me and I need some help on what to do?


One Response to “Debt with Canada revenue. I cannot afford wage garnishes.”

, Jillian Taylor-Mancusi, Trustee | B.A. | C.I.R.P said:

Under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act there are statutory options that you may want to examine in order to rectify your debt with CRA. The first step in this process is setting up a consultation with a local trustee. Most trustees will offer a free initial consultation to review these options with you. In order to provide you with the options that may be applicable the trustee will require that you provide them with additional information that you have not provided to us. This would include a list of other debts that you may have in addition to your debt with CRA. They would also need to know what your income and household size is as well as any assets that you may have. By providing your trustee with as much information as possible, the trustee will be in a better position to provide you with detailed options.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)