CRA taxes in bankruptcy/cp

January 21st, 2013 by Questions

Hi! I have a consumer debt, part of it is CRA taxes/HST for 2011. Now is time to file my taxes for 2012 and the amout of taxes/HST will increase. If after that I file for bankruptcy or consumer proposal, can I include 2011 and 2012 amounts in it?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “CRA taxes in bankruptcy/cp”

, A licensed trustee said:

Your 2011 and 2012 taxes will be included in either a proposal or bankruptcy if you file now. In fact, if you are filing bankruptcy your trustee will divide 2013 into two parts – PRE and POST bankruptcy. If you owe taxes on the PRE portion it will be included in your bankruptcy as well.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)