garnishment of wages

March 19th, 2006 by Questions

I was wondering if Revenue Canada can garnish my wages in another country if I have a garnishment on my current wages but am planning on accepting a position in a foreign country?

Also, can my wages be garnished if I file for bankruptcy?


One Response to “garnishment of wages”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

If you are out of the country, are being deposited by a foreign company and the funds are not being put into a Canadian bank account you should have no problems. As soon as the funds are held in a Canadian bank, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) can seize that bank account, and as soon as the depositing organization is a Canadian company it must cooperate with CRA.

For more information on how to remove garnishees (if necessary) you can contact a licensed trustee and he will be able to describe the various alternatives.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)