Free Consultation

I didn’t complete my bankruptcy, what can I do to resolve it now?

Hi! I filed for bankruptcy several years ago, but never went through with it due to personal reasons. I just want to know what I can do to resolve this issue. I also haven’t done my taxes since then, and I want to file them. If you can give me any suggestions of what steps to take now, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

One Response to “I didn’t complete my bankruptcy, what can I do to resolve it now?”

Jillian Taylor-Mancusi, Trustee | B.A. | C.I.R.P said...

Based on your email, it is assumed that you are currently an undischarged bankrupt. Your first step in resolving the matter is to contact your trustee. Your trustee will be able to inform you as to the outstanding matters in your estate and let you know what would be required for the matter of your discharge to be brought back before the courts. Your trustee may not be in a position to assist you in returning to court for a discharge hearing, you may have to make the application on your own. You will want to get your taxes caught up because it is a separate issue from your discharge and a substantial tax debt may result in you having the need to file a subsequent bankruptcy. You are unable to file another bankruptcy while the first one remains unresolved.