Not discharged – how can we get it cleared up?

We filed in 2004. However, we were not discharged, and we are interested in getting it cleared up now and wondered if we can pay the creditors to get discharged or if we have to re-file the bankruptcy and go through the process

One Response to “Not discharged – how can we get it cleared up?”

Desmond West-Chow, CIRP, Trustee said...

If you pay your creditors it will clear the debt but not result in your discharge. In order to be discharged you must contact the trustee that filed your bankruptcy and discuss with them what options you have to get the discharge.