Free Consultation

Absolute Order of discharge

Absolute Order of discharge – I did not complete my income and expenses due to medical situation.
This happened in 2006 can I have a trustee file my income and expenses to obtain my discharge?
What do I need to do to complete this?

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “Absolute Order of discharge”

Doug Stuive, CA | Trustee | CIRP said...

In most cases your trustee will work with you to obtain your discharge from bankruptcy, even though so much time has passed. It is likely that your file is closed and the trustee is discharged from your bankruptcy. If that is the case, you will probably have to pay an additional fee to the trustee to reopen your file and assist you in getting your discharge. Once you pay this fee, your trustee will advise you what is needed to obtain a discharge, including providing proof of the income earned in the period of the bankruptcy. The trustee will then help you through the discharge process, which may include attending a Court hearing. Every trustee’s office has their own policies when it comes to dealing with their closed files. The first step is contacting your trustee to see if they will work with you and at what cost.