If I am paying child support and my child is also living with me part-time, is there a deduction off my surplus income also for the child living with me

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “Bankruptcy”

A licensed trustee said...

You cannot claim a deduction for the support AND claim the child as a dependent. They are either one or the other. The simple rule to follow is if you can claim the child as a dependent for your income taxers then they should qulaify as a depende t for bankruptcy purposes.