appealing bankruptcy orders

October 7th, 2011 by Questions

In 2006 I claimed bankruptcy and was ordered to pay 400 a month for ten years. I was retired and receiving a pension which has now been reduced by 1,000 a month. It is increasingly difficult to pay the trustee this monthly amount. Do I have any appeal recourse????? I have never heard of anyone else having to pay for ten years.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “appealing bankruptcy orders”

, A licensed trustee said:

Unless your Discharge Order specifically prohibited it, you have the right to appeal to the Court that issued the Order to have it varied. You may do this anytime after 12 months have passed – if your Order was issued in 2006 you may certainly do this now.

If you are in the GTA the Court will expect you to hire a lawyer to assist you. If you are outside the GTA your trustee may be willing to help you – give them a call.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)