Can you discharge old rent payments?

September 20th, 2011 by Questions

Recenltly I have been served with a Garnishment Hearing for Rent Arrears. Am I able to file Bankruptcy and include the Arrears as it technically is debt. Thanks.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Can you discharge old rent payments?”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Unless there is something unusual about this rental arrears, it would simply be considered an unsecured debt and would be cleared through the bankruptcy process. So before the Garnishment Hearing I would recommend you contact a local trustee so that you don’t have to worry about a portion of your wages being seized.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)