Surplus Income and living with parent

July 19th, 2010 by Questions

I`m living with my mom who currently receiving Old Age Security pension with monthly income of $1200 and my nephew who I am his guardian to study in Canada. I`m considering bankrutcy but I`m not sure if I can include my mom and my nephew in number of people in household as 3 or will it just be me as 1? when calculating surplus income. I`m taking home around $2800 per month and pay child support of $805. Thank you so much for your help.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Surplus Income and living with parent”

, A licensed trustee said:

The surplus caluclation is based on household income and the persons benefitting from the income. In your case you should be able to claim your mother and your nephew, b ut you will also have to include your mother’s income and any income your nephew may have.

Discuss thi9s with your trustee BEFORE you file so you know exactly where you stand.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)