Child tax and rebates

January 20th, 2010 by Questions

Does my child tax Benefit have to be claimed as an income and my husband who is also bankrupt just got a rebate cheque for energy savings in our home.Do we have to claim this aswell or does it belong to us??? Thanks

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Child tax and rebates”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Both the Child Tax Benefit and the energy rebate would be considered income. Therefore it must be disclosed on the monthly income and expense sheets, is subject to the Superintendent’s Surplus Income Provisions and may result in you having to make a slightly higher payment in the months these are received.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)