December 8th, 2009 by Questions

I am a power of attorney for my parents. They both are going thru depression and disable. I can`t afford to pay their credit cards debts. Can I personally file bankruptcy on their behalf?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Anne”

, A licensed trustee said:

As their Power of attorney you have the right to file assignments in bankruptcy on behalf of your parents. Use the links to conbtact a trustee in your area and make sure you take a copy of the documents granting you PoA with you when you go to see the trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)