Free Consultation


I have a judgement against me from an insurance company because I took my parents car without a license and hit another car. The company paid to fix the cars but went after me to recoop the monies. I`am 17 years old. Can you file for bankruptcy to remove this judgement?

Posted from: Nova Scotia

One Response to “bankruptcy”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

This really depends on the exact nature of the judgement. There are certain judgments that fall into the category of debts that are not released by bankruptcy. From your description it does not sound like you will have any issues and this debt will be cleared by the filing of the bankruptcy, but it would be important to contact a local trustee and bring them any documents you have relating to this judgment. This way the trustee can review all the details to verify that it can infact be released.