Surplus Income

April 1st, 2009 by Questions

If I there is an overpayment of Surplus income, due to changes in employment during the 9 month period of bankruptcy, where does the overpayment stay…with the trustee?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Surplus Income”

, A licensed trustee said:

You are not required to pay any amounts in excess of your basic fee agreement with your trustee, plus any asset repurchases, plus your surplus. If you have overpaid then you have the right to ask for the overpayment to be returned. In our practice we automatically return these funds – it’s happens a few times a month.

If you think that you’ve overpaid go and speak to your trustee. They will be able to provide you with a detailed accounting of what you should have paid versus what you actually paid.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)