Child Support and superintendent surplus payments

April 23rd, 2009 by Questions

I currently pay $500 per month in child. Is my surplus income based on $1800 or does it take effect at $2300?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Child Support and superintendent surplus payments”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

When you calculate the surplus that is due it is based on your net income less any non-discreationary expenses. Child support is a non-discreationary expense, so as long as you provide receipts to your trustee you would subtract it out of your income when calculating what your cost of bankruptcy will be.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)