March 3rd, 2009 by Questions

I had filed for Bankruptcy 10 years ago, and thought I had been discharged. However, I found out in August 2008 that this was not the case. What does this mean. Will I have file all over again?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Discharged??”

, A licensed trustee said:

You cannot “file again” – you have to finish the one you started. Contact the trustee that handled the file (or their successor trustee if they have closed) and ask them what you need to do in order to obtain yuor discharge. Then do it and schedule a hearing so a Court may order your bankruptcy complete.

If you try going straight to Court you’ll be wasting your money and the Court’s time (which will mean they may make you pay for it) – yuo need to know what you didn’t do and do it BEFORE you may be discharged.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)